Sunday 7 April 2013

Thoughts on Meter Room Collaboration


After the most recent meeting I felt it would be a good idea to share my thoughts.


This is a diagram that has come about from some ongoing conversations I have been having with Sam via Liane Gabora. It is my version of a diagram he drew which I feel shows (or at least comes close to showing) the process I would like to explore within my practice. I want to create situations in which this process can occur.

I envisage the best way of doing this would be through the creation of confrontations in which you are presented with the new information. I feel that this would have to be done through the creation of a structures that when entered you make some form of investment (possibly just the act of entering), thus by investing in some way you want to receive something in return. At present I think the best of doing this would be through the creation of gatherings as I feel through the creation of a social dynamic/community/network there can be a forum that engages with and elaborates upon the information. To pull this back to the collaboration, I would say that our meeting are an example of one of these gatherings. I would really like to see one of the results of our collaboration being one of these gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment